Kristen's Parade Interview

Photobucket

Q and A partly from this interview with Ms. Jeanne Wolf

Parade.com Kristen Stewart has now walked down the aisle in a dream wedding dress and had Bella’s dream honeymoon in Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1. But off-screen, Kristen says she still doesn’t exactly feel like a “grown up.”

The 21-year-old star talked to Parade.com about her highly anticipated love scene with Robert Pattinson and how Bella and Edward "hated each other" for the first time.

On the love scene the world is waiting for.
"The bed stuff was a little bit technical and weird. Every time I was off-camera, I was making goofy faces at Rob to make him laugh. I couldn’t take it seriously. I had fun when we got romantic in the water though. It felt very spontaneous."

On her big walk down the aisle.
"I was so transcendentally weird that day. It was one of the last things that we shot in the movie, and I felt it all coming to an end. I was uber-aware; my nerves were so close to the surface of my skin. I had all of these beats in my head laid out about what I was going to do in those scenes. Like, I knew that there was a moment where you’re supposed to swell and glow. It was intense. The morning we were filming the wedding, I let all the others go to work without me. I stayed in my bedroom by myself and I did not go to set with everyone else. I tried to have the experience of what I would feel before the wedding and what I felt when it happened for real, and I think it came across. I felt good that day."

Read more



Who cares if it’s old-fashioned love?
"What I really love about this particular film is that the director, Bill Condon, was not afraid of people calling it corny. If you’re going to do a real romance, you should feel the heart of it and not be ashamed of it. It’s so not hard to stomach, but it’s so romantic and traditional. I’m into that. I like that."

On Bella and Edward "hating each other."
"They’re in love, but Edward and Bella are at complete odds in this story. For the first time, you actually feel like they kind of hate each other. I played a moment that was so wrong-feeling to me, it so betrayed everything that I’ve played up until this point. I hated Edward. I truly looked at him like, 'You better steer clear and stay away from me.' Bella turns into a feral animal. She’s protective. She’s a mother. It’s stronger than anything she’s ever felt."

On the sure-to-be-shocking birth scene.
"It’s PG-13, but it’s pretty graphic and bloody. If it is too much for somebody who is younger, than discretion should definitely be used by parents. But it should be impactful, it should be scary. You have a story about somebody who has been fighting for what she believes in. Bella is going, ‘I’ll die for my baby, I’ll do anything for it.’ I hope it doesn’t scare people, but on the other hand, I hope it does."

On playing a mother.
"I don’t think it’s so far-fetched for someone my age to be having a child. Oddly, circumstances lined up so that one of my best friends in the world just had a baby. I definitely related to the maternal aspect of Bella very strongly, especially because it’s really the main subject of the movie."

On facing the end.
"It’s weird that we are not waiting to go back and do another one, but at the same time, it feels finished. It’s sad and it’s not sad. You sort of have to put yourself into those moments and realize that you should appreciate that they are going by. It’s just time to move on, but I’m sure I’ll talk about Twilight for the rest of my career."

Those public appearances are getting easier.
"When it comes to acting, I’ve always been pretty solid and together ever since I was 10 years old on a film set. Doing interviews was hard, but now I’m more able to speak freely about things that affect me. I think before I was just a little bit caught up in expressing things that were, like, so important to me with 500 people that I didn’t know listening. And then more so, the millions of people out there who’d see me. It’s not about growing up. I think as you get older you just change."

Going out can be hard to do.
"It’s weird, sometimes I can become very reclusive. Sometimes I’m like, ‘Oh, I can’t deal with anything right now, I cannot see anybody.’ Like the idea of going into a 7-11 and having someone look into your face, you are like, ‘Agghh!’ You are just so sort of like, ‘Oh God, they are probably taking in like every little thing.’"

What’s ahead.
"I still love to write. I’ve been working a lot, so I haven’t moved to Sydney, Australia, like I’ve talked about. I had huge aspirations to go to school and I lost them. I’m not a very rigid person, so I don’t have good self-discipline, to be honest. I have to be forced to do things. But it’s OK. I’m so happy and truly challenged, and those were my aspirations as a kid. I’m all good with where I am, I think."

The legacy.
"Twilight has made people realize that there’s a huge desire, a huge hunger, for more female-targeted projects. Other than that, I think fans will look back and probably still hold on to the story. I can’t imagine that the fans that we see show up at Comic-Con in 10 years aren’t going to be fans. They’ll still definitely remember why they loved it."