Kristen's Interview with SkyView Magazine (Mexico)

Photobucket

Translation via TwilightPoison Check out the magscan on their site. Thanks

Have you and Rob seen Breaking Dawn?
Yes. The first time you see your work onscreen you spend more time criticizing your performance, instead of considering the importance of the project altogether. And the truth is, I’m not objective at all, on the contrary, I feel like I’m a little too obsessive about my acting. I stress out because I don’t feeling ridiculous.


Now that the saga is ending, how much of the character will stay in your mind?
Every character you play is a life experience, and in a way it stays in your own personality. In this case, Bella is a character that I love, not only because I’ve been playing her for years, but because she became a huge part of my career.


As an actress, are you intuitive when picking new roles?
It’s hard to explain how a character affects me professionally, but I always try to pick roles that make me grow as a human being.


In this movie you and Rob have a baby. Did this wake up any maternal instincts in you?
Yes. It’s curious that everybody thinks I’m too young to have a baby, or to find myself in the same situation as she. To me it’s great to play someone who discovers motherhood and marriage at such a young age. I can see perfectly fine how mature she is about it, how she doesn’t share everything about it. She survives because she perseveres and I like that about Bella. And one of my best friends had a baby recently and got married. She’s my age. So thanks to her I understood a lot of things that happened to Bella.


How did you prepare for the wedding?
The dress was the most important detail, so we discussed the design at length. We looked into every detail even if we knew it was a fictional story, but we took it as seriously as possible for the fans.


Where did you film this scene?
A beautiful place in Vancouver.

Do all the stories and gossip on the Internet about you and Rob bother you? Does it bother you that people talk about you so much?
No, we don’t pay attention to anything that happens outside the set. It would be easy to pay attention to everything that is said about me, but this franchise means a lot more to me, my personal life and my career, than gossip.


Is there anything you enjoy about fame?
Fame has been good to me because it brought me wonderful opportunities. I can find better projects now, and that’s rare in this business. Being an actor is hard, and when you’re famous, people know your movies and they will go see them. Any artist’s goal is to reach the biggest number of people possible. In that aspect I’m lucky.


Do you like finishing up this saga?
I get a very sad feeling everytime I remember that I’m finishing up work with this franchise that has been so significant in my life.

And what’s it like to be involved in a new project that has people talking, Snow White and the Huntsman?
A lot is being expected from me. I try to be strong and not be affected by that. I’m really preparing for this role because there’s tons of action scenes, so this is not the typical damsel in distress role. I move around a lot (laughs).


Do you get nervous before filming a new movie?
Nervous? No. VERY nervous. But at the same time I can’t live without that energy, because I feed from it.


And how do you calm that anxiety?
I try to channel it towards a specific direction. If whenever you start a new project you don’t get nervous it’s probably because you’re doing something boring. The challenge is to overcome the fear, and that’s why this career is so worth it.

Do you have a good luck charm?
No, I’m not very superstitious.


When you choose your outfits do you pick comfort or style?
I think everybody should have their own style, even if they’re going to the gym. I like fashion because it’s part of my work. I dive into the new trends when i have to, but I’m more of jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.


Where do you like to shop?
In LA I like to go to vintage stores, I look for funny t-shirts. I’m very casual when I’m not working.


Have you learned something about love?
There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel. I learned that there’s different stages of love. In life you have to appreciate what you have, and listen to your heart, and you’ll be fine. It’s important to not complicate things, and not be afraid of change.