Kristen's Interview with OK! Mexico

imagebam.com

Translation via TwilightPoison

She’s a mother taking care of her baby…
Yes, and there’s no bigger feeling than being a mother. She’s never experienced that. She’s the strongest opposite of the relationship, considering he’s left everything and quit before. So she realizes the risks in being with him forever and what she has to do with the love of her life, and Edward doesn’t think they will make it, he doesn’t have faith. I’ve always said she has a divine intuition, she knows it’s going to work and she’s willing to risk it. There’s people who say she’s not a good example, but I think she is.


Is the decision to give birth an argument pro-choice or pro-life?
We talked about this during rehearsals, because we knew people would relate the story to thatm and we hope the audience doesn’t focus on that aspect too much, because we didn’t. Bella has no religion, she believes in fighting for what she considers precious and what gives her hope. It would be interesting to see how Stephenie deals with these questions.



The birth scene is hard to watch, will it be difficult for the audience to see their heroine go through this?
It’s horrifying, it’s the end, and you’re telling a story where the main message is “I would die for you,” so you have to be as close to death as possible to send that message. It’s a cool way to end the saga.


The sex scenes were not described in the book, how did you handle them?
It didn’t feel like we were filming a Twilight movie, but since we didn’t have a description from the books, we still made a scene that respected the escence of Bella and Edward.

Jodie Foster was surprised that you chose this role and put yourself in the spotlight…
 Nobody though that this would happen, especially those who knew me before Twilight. In the beginning I acted like such a freak during press things that people were sure that I was a freak.


Have you talked to Jodie recently?
 Yes, she’s an amazing person, and I was so lucky that my first major role was playing her daughter, because when you’re that young your brain is like a sponge, and I learned how to behave and treat my co-workers.


How’s a normal day in your life?
 I like reading, going out for walks, boring things.


Can you go on walks without your bodyguards?
 Yes, I’m always careful where to go. I used to be very lonely and say things like “I can’t deal with anywthing right now, I don’t want to see anybody”. Just the idea of going to 7-11 and having people staring at me makes me feel like they’re absorbing me. But little by little, I learned to handle it better. I didn’t know how to di it before, I used to cover my face.

Read the rest at TwilightPoison